Mike Turzai served as a speaker of the House of Representatives in January 2015 until he left the office of the legislature on June 15, 2020. He had announced earlier that year that he was not willing to run for re-election. He then agreed to take up the position of general counsel at a natural gas service provider known as People’s Gas serving Kentucky, West Virginia, and Western Pennsylvania regions.
As the general counsel, he was the key leader of the gas business playing different critical roles in day to day lives of many individuals and families in more than seven hundred and sixty thousand homes and business firms. People’s Gas employees ensured safe and convenient delivery for gas to more than one thousand five hundred individuals and families. Providing care for all those families became the cornerstone of his leadership as general counsel.
Bills sponsored by Mike Turzai:
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/2440) – This bill provided designation, sportsman, shooting ranges, and other facilities related to the selling and producing firearms and ammunition to sustain the business. It was sponsored on November 25, 2020
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/2433)- The bill was to provide emergency COVID-19 provisions. It was passed on (11.19.2020)
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/1279)- Wines and spirits, brewed drinks, and malt licenses provided room for expansion of permits. Ended on (11.16.2020)
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/247)- The act amending gas and oil of Consolidated states was to provide well-developed permits. This was to be passed on (11.12.2030)
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/2025)- This bill was responsible for the authorization of environmental protection carrying out a public process in the department to encourage actions or measures expected to reduce, curb, or decrease carbon dioxide exposure by introducing a tax-generating fee for the control of carbon dioxide production. (09.24.2020)
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/1800)- The Act amending was to fund the district schools providing and recovering receiver duties in different school districts.
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/2510)- Providing health and COVID-19 emergency regional collaboration adding and funding special and restricted accounts. This was to provide essential services in case of any COVID emergencies. Other sponsors who joined Turzai in this were, Tony Deluca, Steve Barrar, Sue Helm, David Zimmerman, Karen Boback among others. It was passed on 05/29/2020
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/752)- Mike Turzai sponsored this bill with the motive to improve the state of buildings in property management sectors. Games and Fisheries in this state were also at the forefront of improvement.
- Pennsylvania Bill (HB/2060)- The Act amendment of transportation (Title 74) and Vehicles (Title 75) of PCA ( Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes) was sponsored by Turzai, George Dunbar, Sheryl Delozier, and many more to provide and sustain public transport trust fund for more improvement in that industry.